Thursday, February 6, 2014

How can this be happening to me?

Are there times in your life when you wonder why is this happening to me?


I have had several of these moments in the last few years -  I have joked several times about writing a book about it.  Titles could be Why Me?,  Again God?, What's Could Happen Next? and the list goes on....


Instead of writing the book I have gone to my Bible ...Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  I love this verse because God has proved it to me over and over.


Through each of the challenges that have come my way - I can honestly say that I know God has everything in control and trust him totally.   It's not always easy but I do know that there is a reason for the everything that is happening in my life. 


One example:  My middle son came to me and told me that he and his girlfriend were expecting a baby -  she wasn't out of high school yet - he was just barely!   As you can imagine I was seeing a bunch of negative things coming out of this situation.  Boy was I wrong -  we have a beautiful granddaughter and have watched our son mature into a great daddy for her.


I now look at each of the challenges as a learning experience and watch for the blessings that come out of them.


I may someday write the book and you will see I how God has been there all the way!







How do you handle the tough times in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment