Friday, September 6, 2013

DIY Lampshade redo

 Our lampshade in our bedroom was starting to show its age, but I didn't want to toss it since it was perfectly good otherwise.
 
So I decided that I would recover it. I bought a piece of fabric to match the room décor.  It was a fun and inexpensive way to freshen up the lampshade. It only took about 30 minutes to complete this project.
 
 
The old lampshade  
 
 
Iron the wrinkles out of the fabric 



Lay the fabric out on your workspace

  
Place the lampshade up side down on the fabric
 

Pull the fabric up around the lamp shade -
I used paper clips to hold it in place
  
 
 
Flip the lamp shade over
 

Cut a hole in the top of the lamp shade -
I paper clipped this area as well to hold in place
 

 


Using a hot glue gun glue the fabric to the lamp shade-
glue the fabric on the top and bottom


 
 
After you are done hot gluing the fabric trim it to
make a small hem around the lamp shade



 
This is the completed lamp shade



 


No comments:

Post a Comment