Friday, November 1, 2013

The forgotten holiday...













Thanksgiving -  a national holiday celebrated in the United States on the 4th Thursday of November. It is a day where we give thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of all the blessing of the previous year.  The most common meal is turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and vegetables that is served.

I sometimes think that Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday in our materialistic world.  We just from Halloween stuff in stores to Christmas passing right by Thanksgiving.  It frustrates me.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I think is it important to celebrate the blessings we have received over the year.
  • We host the holiday every year
  • We can have from 10 - 25 people for dinner
  • We all sit at one table - I put all my tables together so we sit at one big table together
  • We go around the table and share a blessing
  • We share time talking, laughing and eating together
  • Love having the whole family together - great memories
     In light of this month and the Thanksgiving holiday I will have a special series of posts sharing my "thankfuls." 


Nov. 1st -   I am thankful for my home that we share with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment